- 1 egg
- 2 slices of Planet Princess Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Butter or Ghee
1. Lightly toast both pieces of bread. (This dries it out slightly and makes it more porous to receive the egg.) If using your bread from frozen, toast it a bit longer so that it is fully thawed and just slightly toasted.
2. Crack the egg into a bowl and whip it until the yolk and whites are well mixed. Pour the egg onto a plate.
3. Remove the CR bread from the toaster. Place both pieces side by side onto the plate and allow the egg to soak into it. Turn the bread over and repeat.
4. Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium and melt ½ tablespoon of butter (or ghee) in it. Once melted, move the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
5. Place the egg-coated pieces of bread into the pan. Cook on the first side for about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes as well.
Cream cheese is delicious when spread on this French toast! Sprinkle a few raspberries or sliced strawberries over the cream cheese to add color and a sweet treat.
Alternatively, whip ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla, and dollop it onto the toast. Sprinkle a few raspberries or sliced strawberries over the whipped cream to add color and a sweet treat.